SOMArts empowers artists and the multifaceted communities of San Francisco by supporting and producing work that is culturally engaged, deeply social and political and thrillingly experimental. It connects over 2,000 organizations and individuals each year to activate public space citywide and to organize community-building exhibitions, classes, performances and events for over 30,000 at the South of Market Cultural Center.
Exhibitions & Events
- Soul Shake Yoga presents: Buti® Yoga Wednesdays and Fridays
- Contribute to the Wiki for Collective Memory/Making a Scene
- Building closed for 4th of July holiday, Friday and Saturday, July 3-4
- Making a Scene: 50 Years of Alternative Bay Area Spaces
- Making a Scene Opening Reception, July 9
- Tweet-Sized Performance Descriptions to get you ready for Night Light
Our versatile space—including 3 classrooms, a 99-seat theater, exhibition space and capacity up to 1,000—is available to rent for theatrical productions, benefits, social and cultural events. Street fairs, festivals and outdoor events can rent ADA-compliant staging, lifts, PA systems, tents and scaffolding. SOMArts also offers fiscal sponsorship and free professional development.
Whether you can offer a one time or recurring gift, or share your time and skills by volunteering, you can have a lasting impact on the people and programs who come together to create this valuable community resource. Get involved and ensure that SOMArts continues as a vital home for art, cultural learning and connectivity.