Calling All Artists
SOMArts seeks artist proposals to participate in the 19th annual Día de Los Muertos exhibition, bringing together a wide variety of perspectives to honor, remember, and celebrate the dead. Click here for more details and submit your proposal by 3 pm on Monday, July 30.
Exhibitions & Events
- Something (you can’t see, on the other side, of a wall from this side) casts a shadow, July 14–August 14, 2018
- Thalia Gochez in The Ramp Gallery, June 26–July 31
- Something (you can’t see, on the other side, of a wall from this side) casts a shadow, Opening reception, Saturday, July 14, 6–9pm
- Something (you can’t see, on the other side, of a wall from this side) casts a shadow, Artist Panel Discussion, July 26, 6–8pm
- Call for Artists: Día de los Muertos 2018
- SOMArts presents La Pocha Nostra Performance, August 4, 8–10pm
Our versatile space—including 3 classrooms, a 99-seat theater, exhibition space and capacity up to 1,000—is available to rent for theatrical productions, benefits, social and cultural events. Prioritizing support for arts nonprofits and social justice movements, SOMArts' Affordable Space program provides below-market rate rentals to over 100 events every year. SOMArts also offers fiscal sponsorship and free professional development to emerging artists.
Whether you can offer a one time or recurring gift, or share your time and skills by volunteering, you can have a lasting impact on the people and programs who come together to create this valuable community resource. Get involved and ensure that SOMArts continues as a vital home for art, cultural learning and connectivity.