Job Title: Administrative Associate
Reports to: Director of Administrative Operations
Hours & Location: 8 hours per week, typically 4-hour shifts, SOMArts Cultural Center is located at 934 Brannan St. in San Francisco.
SOMArts seeks a part-time administrative assistant to support the Director of Administrative Operations, Financial Manager and Executive Director in the day-to-day operations of our complex, community-oriented space.
- Assist in tracking organization expenses, receipts and expense reporting
- Support box office as needed for events
- Help prepare documents for SFAC reporting and annual compliance review
- Filing for bookkeeping and administrative needs
- Support maintenance of Salesforce database: Perform weekly reviews of new records created to make sure data is being entered consistently and correctly. Delete/merge duplicate records as needed
- Learn to generate some essential reports from Salesforce to assist in management of SOMArts programs
- Help prepare for bi-monthly board meetings (print documents, upload to Google Drive, coordinate food and space reservations)
- Assist in “covering” the SOMArts front desk as needed
- Experience and competency Google Docs necessary; familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff and stakeholders to solve problems and innovate creative solutions
- Strong organizational skills
- A commitment to the arts and culture
- A commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excels at operating in a community environment
- 8 hours a week
- Professional development opportunities
- A supportive, team-based environment
- A chance to work in the arts with talented, mission driven, passionate professionals
$15/hour + sick leave
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please no phone calls.
Organizational Overview: SOMArts plays a vital role in the arts ecosystem by helping activate the arts citywide. We do this by providing space and production support for non-profit events, as well as fairs and festivals throughout the Bay Area, and offering a robust program of art exhibitions, classes, events and performances that are affordable and accessible to all.
SOMArts is beloved in San Francisco as a cross-cultural, community-built space where cutting-edge events and counterculture commingle with traditional art forms in a way that is open, engaging and inspiring. It is an incubator for ideas that lie outside the mainstream of contemporary art funding and consumption.
The South of Market Cultural Center is a 26,190 sq ft cultural center with two large performance/exhibition spaces, a flexible theater, a media lab, photography, ceramics and printmaking studios used on a weekly basis by professional artists, and four administrative offices.
Please visit our website: www.somarts.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
SOMArts fosters a creative and professional environment that reflects the diversity of San Francisco. We actively recruit a wide pool of applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.