Job Title: AV Technician / Building Manager
- On-call / event-based.
- Must be available to work weekdays, late hours, and weekend shifts.
Reports to: Director of Facilities and Technical Operations
- Pulling and testing of equipment before going out to the client.
- Set up, operation, and removal of audiovisual equipment.
- Troubleshooting technical issues as they arise during events.
- Supervision of equipment within the building for safety and security.
- Meeting and interaction with clients and guests; provide clarity regarding usage guidelines.
- Monitor event activities.
- Resolution of building issues and conflicts as they occur during the course of the event.
- If working a closing shift, is responsible for securing building before leaving.
- Audio experience: live audio engineering, setup of public address / sound systems, mics, mixers, etc.
- Video/projection experience: projection screen installation, projector installation and setup, video switchers, computer display, basic Power Point, knowledge of various video standards and formats, general troubleshooting.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience working in a fast-paced A/V environment.
- Good organizational skills and ability to respond to work requests in a timely manner.
- Be a team player and have the ability to work evening and weekend hours as required.
- Positive attitude, with the ability to handle conflicts respectfully and professionally.
- A developed eye for detail and ability to complete tasks thoroughly and efficiently.
- Willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances that present challenging and provocative subject matter.
- Theatrical lighting & electrical experience.
- Basic staging experience.
- Basic carpentry.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be comfortable working at elevated heights (up to 20’) on ladders and personnel lifts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
Organizational Overview: SOMArts plays a vital role in the arts ecosystem by helping activate the arts citywide. We do this by providing space and production support for non-profit events, as well as fairs and festivals throughout the Bay Area, and offering a robust program of art exhibitions, classes, events and performances that are affordable and accessible to all.
SOMArts is beloved in San Francisco as a cross-cultural, community-built space where cutting-edge events and counterculture commingle with traditional art forms in a way that is open, engaging and inspiring. It is an incubator for ideas that lie outside the mainstream of contemporary art funding and consumption.
The South of Market Cultural Center is a 26,190 sq ft cultural center with two large performance/exhibition spaces, a flexible theater, a media lab, photography, ceramics and printmaking studios used on a weekly basis by professional artists, and four administrative offices.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Director of Facilities and Technical Operations. Subject: [YOUR LAST NAME], AV Technician. Position open until filled.
Please, no phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SOMArts fosters a creative and professional environment that reflects the diversity of San Francisco. We actively recruit a wide pool of applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.