Contract position: Front of House & Box Office Manager
Position Type: On Call
Pay Rate: $20/hour
Reports to: Dominic Cheng, Special Events Coordinator
Location: SOMArts Cultural Center is located at 934 Brannan St. in San Francisco.
SOMArts seeks an on-call box office manager to support the efficient and successful management of ticketed events at our multi-disciplinary Cultural Center on 8th and Brannan in San Francisco.
- Manage the overall operation of the Box Office, including cash ticket sales and Eventbrite check-in for pre-purchased tickets
- Assist in training and supervising Box Office volunteers
- Oversee accounting and reporting of cash ticket sales using the Square app
- Assist in setting up event box office
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests, and train all Box Office volunteers in quality customer service
- Capable of working in a fast-paced event setting while providing excellent customer service
- Experience using Square and Eventbrite POS software
- Experience training and supervising volunteers
- Experience working in diverse communities
- Ability to problem-solve and de-escalate potential conflicts with guests
- Flexible, on-call schedule for an experienced box office manager
- A supportive, team-based environment
- A chance to work in the arts with talented, mission-driven, passionate professionals
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please no phone calls.
Organizational Overview: SOMArts plays a vital role in the arts ecosystem by helping activate the arts citywide. We do this by providing space and production support for non-profit events, as well as fairs and festivals throughout the Bay Area, and offering a robust program of art exhibitions, classes, events and performances that are affordable and accessible to all.
SOMArts is beloved in San Francisco as a cross-cultural, community-built space where cutting-edge events and counterculture commingle with traditional art forms in a way that is open, engaging and inspiring. It is an incubator for ideas that lie outside the mainstream of contemporary art funding and consumption.
The South of Market Cultural Center is a 26,190 sq ft cultural center with two large performance/exhibition spaces, a flexible theater, a media lab, photography, ceramics and printmaking studios used on a weekly basis by professional artists, and four administrative offices. Please visit our website: www.somarts.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SOMArts fosters a creative and professional environment that reflects the diversity of San Francisco. We actively recruit a wide pool of applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.