SOMArts Cultural Center seeks an organized and detail-oriented Communications & Development Assistant to support administrative tasks associated with organizational communications and fundraising. This part-time role will work closely with SOMArts’ staff to execute a comprehensive communications and development strategy for the organization.
The Communications & Development Assistant is supervised by the Director of Communications & Strategy and will work closely with SOMArts’ Executive Director.
Job duties by function and percentage of time may be modified and other duties may be assigned:
- Assist in the execution of SOMArts’ digital marketing strategy, creating unique content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and SOMArts’ website as needed
- Assist SOMArts’ staff in migrating content to a newly redesigned website, to be publicly launched in February 2018
- Create and post event listings for community calendars to publicize SOMArts events
Development Administration (25%)
- Assist SOMArts’ Executive Director in crafting donor recognition communications and tracking new donations
- Support planning for fundraising events throughout the year, including SOMArts’ annual fundraiser
- Assist in the management of SOMArts’ Salesforce database tracking donors, volunteers and interested community members
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience with a strong background in communications and/or development administration
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff and stakeholders to solve problems and innovate creative solutions
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A commitment to the arts and culture
- Excels at operating in a fast paced, community environment
- Experience and competency with Word, Google Docs, Excel necessary; familiarity with Dropbox, Asana, WordPress and Salesforce a plus
- Technology savvy with experience in digital marketing strategy
- Part-time, 8 hours per week
- Professional development opportunities
- A supportive, team-based environment
- A chance to work in the arts with talented, mission driven, passionate professionals
$25 per hour to start, with the possibility for growth in the future.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please no phone calls.
Organizational Overview: SOMArts plays a vital role in the arts ecosystem by helping activate the arts citywide. We do this by providing space and production support for non-profit events, as well as fairs and festivals throughout the Bay Area, and offering a robust program of art exhibitions, classes, events and performances that are affordable and accessible to all.
SOMArts is beloved in San Francisco as a cross-cultural, community-built space where cutting-edge events and counterculture commingle with traditional art forms in a way that is open, engaging and inspiring. It is an incubator for ideas that lie outside the mainstream of contemporary art funding and consumption.
The South of Market Cultural Center is a 26,190 sq ft cultural center with two large performance/exhibition spaces, a flexible theater, a media lab, photography, ceramics and printmaking studios used on a weekly basis by professional artists, and four administrative offices.
SOMArts values diversity. SOMArts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, class, sex, creed, ethnicity, race, national origin, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, gender expression, and veteran status.
Please visit our website: www.somarts.org