July 3–September 27, 2018
Flexible schedule, 10 hours per week
SOMArts Cultural Center seeks a highly motivated intern to support their upcoming exhibitions, Something (you can’t see, on the other side, of the wall from this side) casts a shadow, and The Black Woman is God. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about the intersection of arts, social justice, and activism.
The intern will work closely with the Curatorial Partnerships Manager and Curatorial Partnership Associate to complete the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Co-facilitate exhibition tours for youth programs and schools once a week
- Conduct audience surveys during opening and closing receptions and programming events on the following dates: Saturday, July 14, 6–9PM, Thursday, July 26 or August 9, 6–9PM, Thursday, August 30, 6–9PM, Sunday, September 16, 1–4PM, Thursday, September 27, 6–9PM
- Provide support during public programs
- Lead the creation of sharable content about the exhibition on and offline, such as blog posts that bring the unique stories of exhibiting artists to the public
- Gallery sitting; providing excellent customer service to SOMArts’ diverse audiences
Interns will have the opportunity to meet and learn from arts professionals throughout the duration of their program. At the end of their internship, interns will become members of Friends of SOMarts, granting them free access to ticketed programs and events throughout the 2018–2019 season.
TIME COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION
Three-month commitment of 10 hrs per week beginning July 3
This position is unpaid, but available for school credit
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Carolina Quintanilla at email@example.com, subject re: EXHIBITIONS INTERNSHIP