Volunteering is a great way to make a difference and get to know the SOMArts community. We have been fortunate to receive a growing number of volunteer inquiries and are working diligently to properly respect and utilize your skills and make the most of your time for the benefit of SOMArts’ mission.
In the past year, SOMArts volunteers contributed over 2,000 hours helping with: gardening projects, exhibition installation, database entry, events hospitality, box office, photo & video documentation, Day of the Dead tours, cleaning and painting, and more. To put it simply, we need you!
Upcoming & Current Volunteer Opportunities at SOMArts:
- The News Queer Performance Series: On the first Tuesday of every month, SOMArts hosts The News, curated by Kolmel W Love. Volunteers are needed to sell refreshments and greet audience members as they arrive.
- Main Gallery Exhibition Events: In conjunction with SOMArts’ rotating exhibitions, we host receptions, panel discussions, performances, and other events. Volunteers are needed to sell refreshments, greet attendees and distribute audience surveys. Upcoming exhibition events include the Timeless Motion panel on Bay Area experimental film on Wednesday, March 9 and the Timeless Motion closing reception on Thursday, March 17.
- Annual Events: SOMArts’ annual Day of the Dead and Night Light Multimedia Garden Party events feature over one hundred visual and performing artists and engage hundreds of community members each year. Volunteers are needed to greet audience members, lead docent tours, and sell refreshments. Night Light 2016 will take place on Saturday, July 23.
- SOMArts Garden Maintenance: Every Saturday from 12:00 – 5:00 pm, SOMArts’ renowned gardener and Day of the Dead curator Rene Yañez works with volunteers to maintain our unique and artful community garden.
- Reception Desk Monitoring: Help us welcome community members to SOMArts’ Main Gallery and special events! Volunteers are needed for general administrative support and to work the front desk during regular business hours. Contact email@example.com to learn more about this opportunity.
Complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form below to learn more about these exciting opportunities to become part of the SOMArts team!
Volunteer Inquiry Form