What: San Francisco Youth Arts Summit
When: Saturday, December 14, 1pm–6:30pm. Doors at 1pm for summit, performance competition at 5pm.
Where: 934 Brannan St. (between 8th & 9th)
How Much: Free admission
The Youth Arts Summit is a project of Out of Site Youth Arts Center and brings together young artists from a wide range of Bay Area organizations for a day of interactive exhibitions, performances, workshops, and free food.
This year youth leaders from Out of Site, YBCA’s Young Artists at Work, the Children’s Creativity Museum’s C.I.T.Y. Teen Program, and the Youth Leadership Institute have partnered to make this an event you won’t want to miss.
These are just a few of the exciting things you can do at the Youth Arts Summit:
– Create a stop-motion video with the Mobile Animation Studio led by the CCM’s C.I.T.Y. Teen Program
– “Play” the interactive music and arduino (software programmed) LED light installation
– Check out how to make object multiples with the 3D Printer
– Prototype a model of the San Francisco Library’s new Teen Center/Digital Media Learning Lab that includes a Makerspace, Audio/Video space, Performance Area, and Reading Nook
– Stop in the screening room for videos from RYSE Youth Center and TILT
– Stretch your writing, poetry and performance skills in workshops with Hip Hop 4 Change. (This is a great way to warm up for the performance competition)
– Take home a beautiful Youth Arts Summit souvenir when you visit the Photobooth.
– Cheer on your favorite young artists taking the stage for the performance competition
– Check out artwork and performances by young artists from across the Bay Area and find out how to connect to their amazing youth arts organizations.
Out of Site Youth Arts Center, YBCA’s Young Artists at Work, the Children’s Creativity Museum’s C.I.T.Y. Teen Program, SFJazz, SFMOMA, San Francisco Public Library’s Board of Amazing Youth, Youth Leadership Institute, Chrysalis Studio’s Queer Art Project, ODC Dance Jam, Ex’pression College, Hip Hop for Change, MissionBit, Mission Girls, Root Division, RYSE Youth Center, SF Camerawork’s First Exposures, TILT, Larkin Street Youth, DJ Project, Brava Theater’s Mission Academy for Performing Arts, The Imagine Bus Project, Balboa High School CAST Program, June Jordan High School, Gateway High School, School of the Arts High School and more.
About Out Of Site Youth Arts Center:
Out of Site is a dynamic arts organization with a citywide reach. We invest in multidisciplinary arts and leadership development programs for under-served youth by connecting professional artists to young emerging artists from San Francisco public high schools. We create spaces that promote youth voice and build collaborations that strengthen the role of youth and the arts in San Francisco. Out of Site offers FREE visual and performing arts programs and paid internships in the arts to public high school students in San Francisco. Students come to Out of Site for a chance to experiment in the arts and a place to be themselves; they find artistic training, new mediums for self-expression, and a diverse and supportive community.
The summit is presented at SOMArts through participation in the Affordable Space Program, which provides below-market rental space, production and publicity assistance to nonprofit organizations. For more information visit our rentals page.