For over a decade, SOMArts has provided administrative support and financial oversight to a small, thoughtfully selected group of emerging not-for-profit organizations and projects ranging from a few thousand to more than one million dollars in annual activity. SOMArts’ fiscal sponsorship program ensures funding agencies and contributors that funds received on behalf of sponsored projects are well-managed and disbursed according to the grant proposal and guidelines.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Grant submissions and fundraising can begin only after a project has been approved.
SOMArts will consider projects for fiscal sponsorship if they are:
- Arts-related, including projects of all disciplines as well as community-based art projects
- Serving the SOMArts community
- Serious in intent and well-planned
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Showing potential for future growth and development
Fiscal sponsorship benefits:
- Sponsorship of grant applications and administration of grant funds and individual donor contributions
- Monitoring of expenditures to ensure they are in keeping with original funding proposals, contracts or funding letters
- Staff consultation on writing of grants and final reports to funders
- General guidance about possible funding sources
- Discounts on rehearsal and meeting space in SOMArts’ classrooms